Pages

Thursday 23 August 2012

My Moment Of Excellence




               My Moment Of Excellence


Last year, in the last term, on the second to last day of school was the day I experienced  my moment of excellence.

All I could hear were people clapping, Mr Horan speaking and everyone waiting for Mr Horan to announce the Head Boy for Tamaki Intermediate 2012.

There I was, sitting there just staring into space. Jeffrey and I the nominated candidates were sitting there waiting for ages and ages for Mr. Horan to make the announcement.  Then suddenly Mr Horan said, "And the Head Boy for Tamaki Intermediate for 2012 is......"

Then I could hear some people whispering my name 'Saia, Saia, Saia.'
   
"........Siosaia Tukuafu!"  There was a thunderous applause!

I was so happy, and kind of shy when he said that we had to walk up on to the stage and sit on the comfortable chairs with the other dignitaries.

To me, nearly everyone was cheering as loud as they could . I was so happy because my Dad was there and he was really happy as well. I was happy because I got one of the most important jobs in the whole school.

I knew at that time that I would never forget that moment of success for me.

By Siosaia
Room 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.