Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

MANAIAKALANI FILM FESTIVAL

A Trip to the Cinema
“Yes, Yes, Yes! It was movie time. It was the Manaiakalani Film Festival!” Imagine your schoolmates and you together, watching movies. Imagine a whole heap of other schools watching the movies as well.
14th of November 2012, what was so special about this date? Well if you want to find out then keep reading and find out for yourself.
Well as I said 14th of November 2012......was the Manaiakalani Film Festival. 9:55 a.m. Our whole school had made three films for the Manaiakalani Film Festival. We had to attend this Festival to support our movies and cheer on for the other movies from several different schools. By 10 o’clock we were all seated in the hall getting ready to depart to Sylvia Park’s Cinema. As we entered the school vans we could already spot some headless chooks acting like little maniacs. I took the first van with four other boys and a lot of girls from my class. We took off in a hurry as if we were going to catch a flight.
As were arrived at our destination we were surrounded by a lot of parking lots. As we were looking at the amazing scenery, a bone chilling wind almost blew me off my feet. We took a picture at a weird looking blob of some kind, but I knew that is the life of art.
Waiting and waiting for several minutes which felt like a lifetime, a swarm of Tamaki Intermediate students were rushing up to us like rampaging bulls.
Meanwhile we were waiting for a wave of other different schools to scurry on so that we could get inside to the warmth of the theaters. Finally they were in, so we followed on into the horrifying maze of Sylvia Park. As other people were walking by, I almost got lost then I saw my teacher and ran to her like I was a little child in pain.
When we went to the escalators we saw that Glenbrae was already seated. When I hopped onto the escalators I could see my teacher Mrs Parker-Tofa from the corner of my eye.
We had to be seated in the cinema so I decided that I would go and sit near the teachers so I wouldn’t get into trouble. I could still feel the bone chilling wind blow onto my shirt as if I was a flag. As I went inside I could feel the temperature changing. I felt like I was in a completely different world.
It was dark and the only things in sight were students, students and even more students. I peaked over my shoulder and saw that Howard was following in behind me. Lucky I thought that I was not lost again. So Howard and I decided that we go and find Mrs Raj, we spotted her but we thought that she was one of the students from another school.
Then we went inside and saw a humongous screen! We travelled on foot to our seats and sat down. It looked like we were in a fancy hotel. When our movies came on I almost cried with tears of joy and I could feel the happiness around me. Our class movie to thank Mr. Horan was the best movie I guess.
By Siosaia Tukuafu

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.